Maximize opportunities as you transition into civilian life.
Workforce Solutions of Central Texas provides job training, placement, and on-the-job support to thousands of veterans each year. At our centers, veterans and eligible spouses receive priority of service to use resources including computers, phones, faxes, referrals to new job postings and training referrals.
Employment is key to helping low-income veterans rise out of poverty into rewarding careers in various industries. This is why the Texas Workforce Commission, Workforce Solutions of Central Texas, and the Texas Veterans Commission are working together to provide employment, training, and related services to veterans. Services are free of charge to veterans, transitioning service members, spouses, and their dependents.
Do you want to take the unique skills you acquired in the military and leverage them in a civilian career? Workforce Solutions of Central Texas has been assisting veterans and transitioning military professionals for more than 20 years.
Workforce Solutions Staff can help you:
– Assess how the skills you gained serving our country could transfer to civilian careers
– Inform you of opportunities to earn credentials
– Offer referrals to jobs in high-demand careers.
– Connect you directly to veteran-friendly employers hiring now
Priority of Service
Workforce Solutions provides priority of service to job seekers who identify themselves as a Veteran, Transitioning Service Member, or spouse of a Veteran upon arriving at one of our locations.
If you are not sure of your preference eligibility, you can answer a few simple questions on the Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Preference Advisor to find out.
Veterans Employment Services in partnership with TVC
Workforce Solutions of Central Texas offices can help with translating your unique experience, skillset, and values into a satisfying civilian career. We can also connect veterans and eligible spouses to information on transition assistance and benefits, such as funding to continue your education.
In addition to the services provided by Workforce Solutions of Central Texas, TVC Veterans Employment Services offices are also available at our Temple and Killeen locations to assist qualifying service members, veterans, and dependants. Workforce Solutions of Central Texas also has an on-site military transition specialist, so we can better serve you.
Visit the Texas Workforce Commission Veterans page for helpful information related to your employment needs.
Texas Operation Welcome Home
Texas Workforce Commission is partnering with the Texas Workforce Solutions network to assist recently separated service members who are experiencing challenges in translating their military skills into civilian terms, locating employment, completing two- to four-year college programs or obtaining the appropriate licensure or certifications to compete in the job market.
Texas Operation Welcome Home is a program designed to better meet the needs of Transitioning Service Members, recently separated Veterans, and Military Spouses in the Great State of Texas.
Heroes Make America
Heroes MAKE America is The Manufacturing Institute’s initiative to build a pipeline between the military and manufacturing. The program also works to educate manufacturers on how to recruit, hire and retain talent from the military community.
Hiring Red, White & You!
Annual Job Fair
Every year, the Texas Workforce Commission, in partnership with 28 local Workforce Areas and the Texas Veterans Commission, sponsors a statewide veterans and military spouses job fair in November.
Hiring Our Heroes
The Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program is an innovative 12-week program that provides transitioning service members with professional training and hands-on experience in the civilian workforce. The professional development offered through the program prepares candidates for a smooth transition into meaningful civilian careers. Participating corporations benefit by gaining access to the best and brightest transitioning service members, while also developing a more comprehensive understanding of the veteran job market.
Learn more about the Corporate Fellowship Program here.
Online Resources For Veterans
- WorkInTexas.com allows veterans to enter the type of work they performed in the armed services and receive a list of civilian jobs that require those skills. The system also translates military occupation codes into in-demand skills.
- Texas Veterans Leadership Program was developed to connect returning veterans with the resources needed to help with employment, education, home loans, medical, and legal assistance. For more information, visit their website or call (888)-VET-TEX1.
- USAJOBS, the federal government’s official employment site, connects job seekers with federal employment opportunities around the world.
- Veterans seeking federal employment can connect with hiring managers on FedsHireVets.
- My Next Move is an interactive tool that helps veterans learn about career options. The site displays tasks, skills, salary information and job listings for over 900 different careers.
- Visit the Texas Workforce Commission’s Just for Veterans page for helpful information related to your employment needs.
- Wounded, ill, injured and transitioning service members, veterans, spouses, and primary caregivers can receive continuing outreach, recruitment assistance products, and services with the Hiring Heroes Program.
- Find information on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) to find out if you represent a tax credit to your potential employer.
- CareerOneStop has many military to civilian occupational translation tools.
- Texas Skills to Work can help you translate Your Military Skills and Find Jobs.
- O* NET translates your military resume to a civilian resume.
- Texas Veterans Land Board. The Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) finances land, home loans and home improvement loans for Texas veterans and active military members who are eligible under VLB requirements.
- Texas Operation Welcome Home has Resources to help vets with college credits, community engagement, seek employment, and more.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- The Texas Veterans Leadership Program (TVLP) is a resource and referral network connecting returning veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan with the resources and tools they need to lead productive lives.
- The VA eBenefits site connects veterans to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you’ve misplaced or lost your DD Form 214, you can register here and obtain a copy within 48 hours. You can also apply for pension and education benefits, check on home loans, schedule medical appointments and access other resources.
We will coach you and help you achieve your career goals.
At WFSCTx, we can help you every step of the way. Join thousands of Central Texans and own the future of your career or business.
What are you waiting for? Take the first step today.
We Are Here To Assist You
contact us today
Workforce Solutions of Central Texas promotes the delivery of programs and services to meet the needs of business, industry, and workers. We work with employers, employees, job seekers, community leaders, and the general public to acheive these goals.