By WEBSITE ADMIN
Many Texans working in sectors critical in the battle against COVID-19 are looking for child care. A new Frontline Child Care Availability Portal can be accessed at find.frontlinechildcare.texas.gov.
This website allows parents to search for available child care near their home or work, and it will display a map of licensed child care centers, licensed homes, and registered homes. It will show each facility’s operating hours, along with the number of open seats for each age group at the facility. After searching, families will need to contact the child care facility directly to enroll their child.
COVID Essential Workers will include those who work:
· In health care and pharmacies
· As first responders
· In “critical” local and state government functions
· In mail/delivery services
· In nursing homes and for child care, home health care and other direct care providers
· At grocery stores
· At gas stations
· At banks
· As military personnel; and
· Any other worker deemed essential by the commission or the Central Texas Workforce Development Board