Workforce Solutions of Central Texas Adult Education and Literacy
- All classes are free of charge
- Books and materials are provided for use in the classroom
- Most classes meet for three hours per session, two days per week.
- Choose between morning and afternoon sessions to accommodate your work and family needs.
- Classes are held at multiple Workforce Center locations in the Central Texas area
- Instructors work individually with students to identify and plan their learning goals
High School equivalency
Please call 254-526-1120 to enroll in (HSE/GED) High School Equivalency online classes.*
Once enrollment is verified, your teacher will contact you with login information for learning management systems (Google Classroom, Blackboard, Zoom, etc).
*If you need to take a TABE assessment before enrolling, you will be contacted to schedule a testing time
Our Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) program serves adults who are at least 16 years old and/or are beyond the compulsory school attendance age, and meet any of the following criteria:
- Function below the high school level
- Lack a high school credential
Students must first attend an orientation to begin classes. They must also meet minimum time requirements.
Students need the following items to enroll:
- Photo ID – Required
- Social Security card – Requested
To sign up:
Visit: 313 North Main St., Rockdale TX
Call: 512-446-6440 ext. 7011
To sign up:
Visit: Central Texas College, Adult Education
Building 139, Room 180
Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone is different. Student success is usually determined by the amount of time a person is able to commit to study for the GED. You may be ready for some sections of the test, but need to work longer on other sections.
You may take a practice exam at any time to determine your readiness for the official exam.
After you complete the orientation, you may attend classes any time they are held, depending on the site schedule and regulations.
Let your instructor know if you won’t be able to attend classes. They may be able to give you work you can complete while you are out so that you can keep focused on preparing for the HSE (GED). An extended absence will require approval.
We're Here To Help
The Workforce Solutions of Central Texas System is an equal opportunity employer/programs. Equal Opportunity is the Law. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to people with disabilities.
Relay Texas: 711 | TDD: 1-800-735-2989 | Voice: 1-800-735-2988